While I build many of my client’s sites in Wordpress or Drupal, I am afforded the flexibility to build this site in a more bespoke manner. I like the idea of a static site, so I opted to use Jekyll, which takes a simple directory of files formatted with Markdown and Liquid templates and builds a site ready for uploading to a server.
Other tools include:
- Duo (a browser for previewing side-by-side responsive design)
- xScope (for visual inspection to get the details just right)
- Dash (offline documentation browser)
- Tower (managing Git repositories)
- VirtualHostX (setting up virtual hosts for local development)
- Byword (writing articles in Markdown)
- Marked 2 (previewing articles)
- Photoshop (image editing)
- Illustrator (vector graphic editing)
- Typekit (hosted web fonts)
Type is set in Proxima Nova from Mark Simonson Studio.